Tuesday, December 16, 2008

You are Who you are for a Reason

You are who you are for a reason
You're part of an intricate plan
You're a precious and perfect unique design
Called God's Special woman or man.

You look like you for a reason
Our God made no mistake
He knit you together in the womb
You're just what he wanted to make.

The parents you had were the ones He chose
And no matter how you may feel
They were custom designed with God's
plan in mind.
And they bear the Master's seal.

No the trauma you faced was not easy
And God wept that it hurt you so
But it was allowed to shape your heart
So that into his likeness -- you'd grow.

You are who you are for a reason
You've been formed by the Master's rod
You are who you are beloved
Because there is a God!
Russell Kelfer

I was 30,000 feet up in the air, over the terrains of Alaska on my way to China as I read this poem from the book, The Purpose Driven Life. The words to this poem became the thread that began mending my heart from all the trauma, abuse, and neglect from my childhood. Less than a month before I had given my heart to Christ and I felt like a new creation...mainly because it says in the bible that if anyone gives their heart to Christ, the old part of them dies and a new life begins, a new life with Christ in it. However, my spirit and soul needing mending and God knew just how to reach me. God was literally holding my hand and holding each tear of mine in the palms of his hands when I was abused, molested and raped. It gave me a new kind of peace knowing that not only did it hurt me, it hurt God as well. No longer did I feel so small and insignificant as I read these words over and over. The God of the universe who is so holy and so far above me, cared about each part of my life. He knew what was going to happen before it happened and he allowed it so that it would shape my heart to be more like His. Knowing that there is a purpose and plan for my life gave me a new sense of purpose, a new perspective, a fresh start. As I sat there staring out the window into the clouds, I could feel the wounds in my heart beginning to heal and a sense of excitement washed over me...If he trusted that I would accept Him in my life, even after all the hurt and the pain, then what did my future have in store for me with Christ in it? I wanted to see how He was going to use my pain for His good, for His plans! I sank back into my seat anxious to arrive to my destination and continued to ponder the words of the poem...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...