Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Haven't Lost the Fight






Where do I begin
these secrets, these moments of self revelation
All past and present
brings a good hard look and painful motivation.

I used to have this figured out,
Used to breathe without a doubt
Now that Im at the end of this road
It's all been shaken and sifted
Nothing uplifted
And my faith has been tested and tried

I need you to know that I havent lost the fight
but Im not through the night
Broken and tried, my faith and my pride
Like a lair looking for forgiveness from the stone.

Insecurities and being afraid
Letting it all fall to the ground
No longer allowing it to pull me down.
Slowly picking up the pieces, sifting through the ashes
Steering clear from wayward glances.

I need you to know that I havent lost the fight
but Im not through the night.
Broken and tried, my faith and my pride

This is where the healing begins
Fighting through the night,
Broken within
New creation, a beautiful sight

Rising up, revelation is clear
Sifting through the ashes
Being drawn nearer
Taking that first step where grace abounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...