Monday, January 31, 2011

American Dream, Who Is Your Contractor?

    Psalms 127:1 (NASB)
[127:1] Unless the LORD builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it;
Unless the LORD guards the city,
The watchman keeps awake in vain.


[Remember to post a comment, tell us your point of view, & add it to your weekly verse, click on week 1 for details about Heart of the Home Challenge or click on week 1].


       This weeks verse hits home for me as I remember the brokenness that filled our home before we dedicated our lives to God. Chris was constantly gone for one work related thing after another and so I was I. I was busy completing a degree (which I don't think I will ever use) and navigating the waters of my career choice while Cheyenne was in daycare for at least 10 hours a day. We may have lived under one roof but we were not a family. These days we are surviving on one income and Chris is home everyday at 5:10 p.m. The best part is we love being home. We love being there for our children. Laughter echos through out the house. We may not have much but we are so thankful for what we do have. The watchmen of our home are mine and my husband's hearts and we center it purposefully looking up towards the heavens. God is the builder of this home, He's filled it with His presence, joy, peace, and all the excitement of watching our children grow to serve and love Him as well as their parents. Take a moment and watch the video. Post comments please. 


1. As mom, do you know God? How do you represent Him in your home? 
2. If you don't know God, what stops you from knowing Him and following him? 
3. What clip in the video hit home to you?
4. What part of the scripture stands out to you this week? 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather,
    I'm supposed to be writing my blog post and then making dinner for me and my husband. :)
    But I'm compelled to read back on the weeks that I've missed.
    I will comment on this one and then put the previous 4 aside until later tonight.
    The song and the verse reminded me of another song from back in the 60's, I think...Cats in the Cradle...about a man who was so busy with his job that he didn't have time for his family. When his son grows up, the roles are reversed.
    I was touched by the sandcastle in the video...we KNOW it is going to be washed away...we want to poke the man and tell him...you are wasting your time with this...go home to your family and your son who wants you to watch him play ball.
    When we started our family, I made the decision to stay home..I felt it was kind of silly for me to leave my child with someone else and go to teach other people's children. After our 3 children were born, I started a home daycare so that I could earn money doing what I loved, but stay home with my own children as well.
    I know for some people it may be impossible to do that...it is definitely a difficult decision.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...