Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Need a B R A I N Wash. Heart of the Home Challenge.

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2 NLT 


     This has been the craziest  couple of weeks ever, which explains the bank pages on my blog and me running for cover!. In terms of relationships, a band-aid was finally ripped off and major surgery is still needed. In the meantime, I'm still limping from injuries. Not to mention my kids have become possessed. My son has laughed and mocked me every time I've corrected or disciplined him. Then there are my two daughters, one of which decided to shave without my permission and the bathroom still looks like a crime scene; while the other has been testing my limits in terms of no sleep. While all this turmoil is shaking my my life, the song my son keeps singing is stuck in my head. "I need a brain wash from my head to my toes, a brain wash from my head to my soul. That's right I need a B R A I N double wash! Don't be conformed to this world but transform it," he sings as he plays, bathes, and poops.The icing on the cake is that my van died; rest in peace my beloved mini-van...Okay, okay, I hated the dang thing. There is just NOTHING sexy or cool about driving a mini-van. However now that I'm driving my husband's big red beast of a truck, I realized how much of a blessing my stupid mini-van was.  













      Personally, I blame it all on God. Yep, you heard me, I'm not backing down on what I said. God regularly puts tasks of testing our faith in front of us to grow us. With that said, I blame the crazy cycle on Him and I'm not upset about it, nor am I going to argue with Him. I've come to the conclusion that if God is going to stretch, test, and grow our faith in Him; then He is also going to provide the tools, strength, and wisdom to get through it. Before I was a Christian, when disasters and trials came my way, I blamed others, myself, and  wallowed in self pity or despair. This time around my spirit rests on God. He is my strong tower, my refuge, my provider. I know no matter the circumstances, He has something better for me, a higher road to take, or a chance to transform one of my character flaws to His Sons image.
    Because He is someone to rely on, this week's verse for Heart of The Home Challenge is a testament of our faith to ourselves and to others if we fully rest on God and keep our eyes on Him. If we keep our focus on Him, He will transform us from the inside out.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said Heather. Praying for you tonight.

    Kerry http://milestonesoffaith.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...