Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Praying Nellie Home

   Nellie
  I'm not sure what it is about children that have been orphaned that breaks my heart but somehow it does. There is something truly supernatural happening though. More and more families from Kearney are being moved by the hands of God to adopt. The thought of a family working hard to raise funds, relying on feverish prayers and trusting in God to bring their 'other' child home makes my heart swell. Maybe it's because I'm a mom and the fiercely unconditional love I have for my children takes over my senses. I cannot imagine what a mother was feeling or thinking the day she choose to walk away from her child.
      And then to be the child that is being adopted, oh the love her family has for her already. The blog I stumbled across tells of the ups and downs of adoption. It's extra special to me because the daughter they long to bring home from Russia has special needs. Had they not chosen to adopt Nellie soon, she would have been transferred to a mental institution. How many parents dream of having a special needs child or prepare themselves for one? Special needs children are just as precious as children without special needs.
     Why I chose to blog about this today, I'm not sure. Perhaps it will move your heart to donate funds towards the cost of adoption; to bring her home to a family is priceless. Perhaps it will move your heart to begin praying about what God has in store for you.

You can visit Beth and Dan's blog about adopting Nellie at: Praying Her Home.

1 comment:

  1. Heather, while driving my daughters to school on this morning, we were talking about special needs children. Then I came home and read your heartfelt post. I agree that special needs children are just as precious as those without special needs. I will view the link suggested in your post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...