Thursday, September 1, 2011

Your Idea? Of Course It Is!

     For those of you who have been following my blog, you know about the war and cold wars I've had trying to get my strong-willed-almost-three-year-old to want to potty like a big girl. This week was a huge revelation in terms of her just needing my extra time and affection. Two weeks ago, I quit watching children full time, in fact this is the first time in five years as a stay at home that I am not caring for children other than my own (rounds of applause please!).
    All the months of coaxing, bribing pleading, and strong arming my daughter helped to no avail. She would hold 'it' as long as possible (The latest record is six hours!). It's been two weeks of learning a new routine with mommy and apparently life is good in Tori's eyes, so good that she walks to the bathroom on her own and goes potty--I'm floored, stumped. All she really needed was a little extra time with Mommy and for it to be her idea of course.
    It reminds me of how God gently leads us to a decision or choice that can be life changing for us. We see it, we test it out, and then we walk away from the idea until we have spent time alone with God. Then as if it had been our idea, we accept the choice and take the plunge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...