Wednesday, February 15, 2012

ENOUGH


   Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9. 

Life moves along at a steady pace until you're blind sided from an email, phone call, or a huge mess that you're child managed to make. I was mindlessly singing words to a beautiful worship reminding me that Jesus is all that I need when I was caught completely off guard by an unexpected turn of events. 
I say mindlessly because my thoughts were not on God. 
I say mindlessly because my focus was on the pain. 
I say mindless because in the moment, He wasn't enough for me. The weight and richness of the lyrics (God's truth) had not connected with my heart, so when that particular email arrived, I was literally in pain; instead the moment should have been curbed with the meaning of the song, "Jesus, you're enough for me."

If I had been listening, I would have heard His voice, realizing He is all that I needed, He is enough for me and for that moment. We profess to be Christians, to love God, and love those who really aren't that lovable; doing it all in honor of Him because He supposed enough for us. He is supposed to supply all that we need...Really? Do we really mean those words?

Okay, hang in there with me for a second! Ill get to the point I promise. Here's a snapshot of what 'enough' looks like: 

My husband is getting ready to board a tiny puddle jumper corporate air plane. You know, the kind that end up in the headlines, where it crashes and there are no survivors. Can I smooch him with confidence knowing that Jesus is enough to get me through, that He is all that I need?

My daughter struggles with all things Aspergers and next year I'll be feeding her to the loin's den called Middle School. Will Jesus be enough to help me guide her through the terrain of mean girls, gym teachers, and drama? 

My son has been struggling with being still, staying focused, on top of being bullied and left out by a group of boys. Has Jesus been 'enough', all that he and I both needed to get through the situation? 
Besides getting picked on, he has been under going evaluations to rule out sensory disorders and ADHD, the process has been on going since November of last year. As I sit back, realizing the full weight of the words I was mindlessly singing, was Jesus enough for me? Did I allow him to be my breath of life in these last few months where I haven't been able to breathe?

In that one moment when I read the hurtful news, I was more focused on the wound, instead of looking to Jesus and saying, "I feel hurt, attacked, and alone, but Jesus, You're more than enough for me."

These moments have only been a snap shot of my life journey lately, and apparently life will be filled with more twists and turns. The only way to settle my heart is to make a decision once and for all. No matter what life throws at me is: say it, declare it, focus on it, and stand on it.

Jesus is enough.




All of You is more than enough for

All of me for every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough



You are my supply, my breath of life
Still more awesome than I know
You are my reward, worth living for
Still more awesome than I know



You're my sacrifice of greatest price
Still more awesome than I know
You're the coming King, You are everything
Still more awesome than I know



More than all I want, more than all I need
You are more than enough for me
More than all I know, more than all I can see
You are more than enough





1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather,
    I haven't been by in a long time...my bad. :)
    I've given you the Liebster Blog Award and the Kreativ Blogger Award...you deserve them!
    http://viviankirkfield.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/ppbf-millions-of-cats-and-some-awards/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...