Friday, June 19, 2009

Dealing with Children, Unexpected Suprises, and this New Body...

Okay, so its been AWHILE! I cannot believe where my life is at the moment and how busy I am all the time. I'm not sure I like it either. Summer is here and while the kids love that, parents like myself cringe. It's not that I don't enjoy the extra time I get to spend with them, it's more about the entertainment issue and not really having any downtime. School means quiet time, routine, schedules, and so much more. Summer means chores, entertain, entertain, did I mention entertain? It also means breaking up fights amongst the children, more laundry, more chores, more cleaning. It also didn't help that I had to keep them entertained while tearing out the floor of my bathroom and tiling it either! Don't ask. Let's just say the busiest seat in the house decided to take a leak on the floor.
Currently I am trying to get one book organized and research completed, while tending to a seven month old teething. Tori also refuses to take a bottle or pacifier which means she is getting up several times a night. This has been going on for most of her life and it's really starting to take a toll on my mental clarity and sanity for that matter. Then as if I like to make myself miserable, I am potty training my strong willed son who is still refusing to go in the potty. He prefers to wet his big boy underwear and defy his parental figures when asked if he needs to go. I recently had to chase his half naked body down the street because he managed to dart off the potty and out the door while I was attempting to change Tori's diaper. UGH!
Moving on to our oldest, she is a tween and has been very emotional. Last night for example, she went to Daddy and asked for a peanut butter sandwich after I told her no. All I did was look at her and tell her I was disappointed with her actions. This caused the world to come to an end and Cheyenne cried for 45 minutes...needless to say, I'm a bit stressed.
Not only am I dealing with the fun events of summer, three children with very different needs, I'm still trying to get used to my body which has taken a new shape that I neither like nor have clothes for. Tori's birth ruined my body. When I look at her cute little face, I remember that it was so very worth it, but I don't exactly have the extra cash or time to dress this new shape. She is now seven months old and I have only lost 4 pounds since her birth. Talk about frustration, because I do watch what I eat, and exercise consistently...It's hard to remember that it's what is on the inside that matters when the rest of the world is screaming that I need to get a tan, boob job, tummy tuck, and weigh 90 pounds! I'm pretty sure 99% of you ladies out there would agree.
In all these moments, it's difficult to keep my focus on God and to remember that my family are also part of my ministry, its not just writing, blogging, reading, and networking. After all, I wouldn't have half the insight and stories to tell other moms and women alike if it weren't for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...