Sunday, September 26, 2010

Raising Soldiers

   Here is a sample of what I've been working on. I decided to post this because I feel the need to rally the troops.

     There is a war brewing in America. The battle lines are being drawn and it’s starting in our schools. The primary targets are the minds of our children. We can no longer freely say ‘One nation under God.’ Children are discouraged from praying during lunch. Symbols of their faith are considered contraband because it may be offensive to others. Laws are being passed under discrimination that the public schools are to teach our children we should accept and tolerate homosexual relationships. Books are available in their libraries that teach God as some imaginary being like Santa Claus.


     There are many aspects and battle fronts to this war but the primary war is between Christianity and Secular Humanism. Secular humanism is a religion and philosophy of life which views man as the supreme being of the world. God and all the supernatural ‘stuff’ is mere fluff. It sees moral values as relative and varying from person to person. It sees these morals are personable until that person decides to change it, so long as it doesn’t hurt anybody else. We live in a day and age where double standards are acceptable and religion is considered intolerant.

     For several weeks my husband and I went back and forth over pulling our oldest daughter out of public school and putting her into Faith Christian School. Our main worry was whether or not we could afford it. We were concerned that some of the aspects Cheyenne was being taught to tolerate; and the current bills for laws that were currently sitting before the senate that dictate what should be taught in public schools. Our decision became clear after the principle of her school ignored the bullying that happened on the last day of school and his ‘good old boys club’ attitude in respect to disciplining the kids that were bullying her. After Obama became president and the lines between Christ and secular society were blown wide open, we didn’t regret our decision.

     Instead we breathed a sigh of relief. Though our faith is strong we are still new in Christ and feel that she needed a stronger foundation in her faith than what we can give her. Her new school does just that. It sparks conversations and leads us to debates with our Bibles in hand. As she encounters Christ’s word, it is building up her faith and reinforcing her armor she puts on daily as she walks out the door. The school is teaching her who Christ created her to be and is encouraging her giftings (and school isn't one of them). It has raised the standard in our home, and that standard is to live for Christ. In the Bible the word standard was translated in many texts to mean banner. A banner is just that, a standard. In the ancient of days, banners were carved on wood and metals that represented a clan or nations ideals’. This banner or flag could be seen from a distance and was often a rallying point for troops just before battle. It was raised high during critical times in the battle to boost the soldier’s moral, to help them find their strength and remind them what they were fighting for. My dear little mama, it’s all coming down to the final wire, the final battle. In these last of days, you and I both need to decide how we are going to raise our children. If I’m not mistaken, you love Christ and the choice is clear. It’s time to raise our banners high so others can see that we serve Christ. We serve a God who does not tolerate double standards and will not make light of how society has debunked Him and His kingdom. It's time as parents to no longer tolerate what society is deeming as acceptable. Listen to the music your children listen to. If it tugs at your gut, throw it out. Make a stand to not allow some questionable movies be viewed in your home. Draw the line between acceptable friendships and not so acceptable friendships. Moniter what your child is being taught in school. You may live in a rural town in America, but you will be suprised what is being taught, even in the Bible belt of the U.S. Take a stand and raise your standards so your children will know what to strive for.

     It may seem like we are losing this battle and that may be so in terms of being able to pray and worship freely. However don’t forget what Yahweh Nissi means. Yahweh Nissi means The Lord is My Banner. Moses built an alter and called our Heavenly Father our banner after victory over the Amalekites. It was their first battle after being freed from Egypt. When you pray and call on Yahweh Nissi, you are calling on a God that is powerful enough to overcome any foe and that includes the enemy who disguises himself as secular humanism.

     Though the battle is great and our soldiers are going into battle as young as two; our father God is shinning His light over our children. Start teaching your children how to put on their armor and pray for their safety each day before they go off to play or head off to school. Finally let your banner be raised high so it can be seen from a distance as an encouragement to those who are fighting in this battle with us.

1.Putting on the full armor of God is a tedious but necessary process. So here is the scripture listed below and then an example of how to teach your children to pray.



The Armor of God

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints (Ephesians 6:13-18 NIV).





How to Put On the Armor of God

Father God, we thank You for today and we ask that You watch over us as we go about our day. Help me to put on my armor so that I am protected, and can stand up in the battle. First I pray that You help me protect my mind with the Helmet of Salvation, help me to make right decisions. Next I pray that you protect my heart with the Breast Plate of Righteousness and I ask forgiveness for my sins. Help me to obey you. Next I pray that You help me remember that You are truth as I put on The Belt of Truth. It will help remind me of all that I know about You. Also I pray that as I put on my Sandals of Peace that You guide my feet to where they should go. Help me to carry my Shield of Faith as it will help protect me from doubt and to keep the enemy away. Last I pray You help me carry the Sword of the Spirit which is Your word. Use it to guide my way today. In Jesus’ name amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...