Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Daddy's Girl




One of my deepest desires was to have a Dad. I had a Dad, but because of his issues and addictions, I haven't seen much of him since I was 12. He came to see me at graduation, then I visited him in Arizona when I was 22, and then I saw him again a few years ago for my sisters wedding. Each visit was less than an hour spent with him because of his drinking issues. However things are now different! There is much to be thankful for during the season of Thanksgiving. One of my prayers for many years has been that God would restore and redeem my family. Although there are a few strained relationships, God has answered the deepest desires of my heart. For the first time since I was 12, I get to spend time with my Dad. Not only do I get to spend time with him, I get to be Daddy's girl.


This prayer has been answered because my father surrendered to God and allowed Christ to be the center of his heart. Gone are the days of addictions and self centered. It's be replaced by a passionate fire for our Almighty God. My brother and I picked up my Dad from the airport last night. As nervous as I was, there was peace. Peace because I knew that my Dad had changed. Peace because I knew I wouldn't have to walk on eggshells. Peace because our time won't be ruined with the need of alcohol or other recreational drugs.

It may seem small or insignificant to those of you who have fathers or don't have a desire for the love of your family; for me it's one of the greatest gifts of all time that both my Father God and my Dad can give me. Finally at the age of 29, I get to begin a relationship with my Dad. Together we get to share moments with my children and my kids get to call him Grandpa... So let the season of thanksgiving begin! With these thoughts, I leave you with one of my favorite songs that encompasses prayer and lifts your mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...