Friday, February 4, 2011

The Desires of Your Heart

                As women, we have desires. We desire a husband, a home, children. We want to look and feel desirable too. It's part of our D.N.A. and is instilled in us as children. It's what separates us from boys, snails and puppy dog tails. But... what do you do when you find out one of your deepest desires is never going to happen? Meaning, the door has been closed, never to be opened again? Your heart is heavy and you don't dare breathe a word of it to your friends because they will find what your desiring is close to 'insanity'. 
              One of my desires was met with an answer like this today and the person who in a sense held the keys in her hands to my desire told me she didn't feel sorry for me either. I did everything I could to keep my composure, gathered my things and went home. Now that it's quiet and my babies are napping, I poured out my desires to God. The next thing I did is so critical in our spiritual walk when it comes to our desires; I thanked God for what I do have. I thanked Him for my salvation, for the air I breathe, for my home, each of my children, for my husband, my husband's job. I thanked Him for my marriage, for the house repairs we were able to make. Anything that came to mind, I thanked God for it and though my heart is still heavy, I know that God is working all things together for my good; at the same time I'm reminded of the blessings I do have. 


 "3(A)Trust in the LORD and do good;
         (B)Dwell in the land and [a](C)cultivate faithfulness.
    4(D)Delight yourself in the LORD;
         And He will (E)give you the desires of your heart.
    5(F)Commit your way to the LORD,
         Trust also in Him, and He will do it. Psalm 37:35 (NASB)

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your disappointment today Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right, it is important to be thankful for all that we have even in the face of adversity. Hang in there.

    New to following your from MBC
    Danielle
    www.DaniellePender.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower from MBC. Please follow back http://tupelodeals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog the other day. Thank you for posting your heart today. I needed the reminder to give thanks in "everything"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I'm following from MBC Simply Follow. Great blog!

    Miranda
    www.justdrinkacoke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems like this has been happening to my family a lot lately too. But you can't focus on the things that do not go "right" or what you don't have, because all it will do is add worry lines to your forehead. It always gets better. Hang in there!

    ~BG

    I'm a new follower from MBC too!
    http://www.ohmadremia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a new follower from the Mom Blogs, please stop by and return the favor.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...