Monday, February 28, 2011

Heart Of The Home Challenge Week 7



2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)
[17] Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!


     The scripture that I bring on this lovely Monday morning is one of my favorites. During the first few days of committing myself to following Jesus, I was bombarded with thoughts of my past. Everything, from how I thought, what I did, and the results of those actions caused me to feel unworthy, guilty, unclean, and not good enough to call myself a Christian. 
       Have you ever felt that way? Here's the good news, none of us are worthy...none of us are clean. It's one of the enemy's tactics to draw us away from Christ and back into his pit. The other part God gently reminded me of is the old Heather is dead and gone. Forgotten are the things I had done because I had been forgiven. God see's me as a new creation, if He sees me in that light, I too, need to look at myself in His light. 
     The next time you are feeling guilty about something in your past, take that thought captive and recite this verse. Remember who you truly are in Jesus. 


Are you a somewhat new Christian? What do you do when the world or enemy makes you feel guilty about your past? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...