Friday, May 20, 2011

Revelations Of A Mama Prayer Slacker

    Do you have a serious hunger for God? Do you want to get to know Him so intimately that there is no distinction between you and Him? Well then, I encourage you to dust off your Bible, get into the meat of the scriptures and pray. I confess that though I thirst for God in a way that doesn't make sense to anyone else, I don't pray enough. I feel like my prayers need to be journaled or I need to be on my knees in a quiet place. As a mother of three with two extra kiddies on a daily basis, praying in the "proper form" NEVER happens. I then feel guilty that I haven't prayed so then I try for several days in a row to keep praying those fancy prayers, only to slack off once again. 
      Life comes at us so fast, like a train barreling down the tracks. We need to prepare our hearts and strengthen our relationship with God to bear the burdens life. Life isn't always what we expect it to be.  God expects us to pray at all times, during all occasions, keeping our focus on Him. Let go of your ideologies and expectations of praying. Remember He's not some big dude in a distant realm on His throne. He's with you, He resides in you, and He is waiting to talk back to you. 
      So I leave you to with one provoking thought, "We look upon prayer simply as a means of getting things for ourselves, but the Biblical purpose of prayer is that we may get to know God himself" Oswald Chambers.

3 comments:

  1. Prayer is such a simple thing and brings such great results!
    I'm following you, will you follow me?
    http://songberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this! I once heard that prayer is not a spare wheel which we pull out when we need it, but rather a steering wheel which gets us through all of life!

    Your blog is great- thanks for sharing your strength!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the comments, sorry it took so long to reply, blogger wasn't working.
    I love the steering wheel analogy, it's so true in life and why I'm always praying, Jesus take the wheel.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...