Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Heart of the Home Challenge & Beth Moore

Beth Moore, she stood right next to us!

Pauline, Me, & Cindy!

 Dawn & Aliisa, these photos are from the Beth Moore Conference in Lincoln 2011.

This week's scripture verse that I am memorizing or at least becoming familiar with, fits so well with the Beth Moore conference this past weekend. "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as if working for the Lord, not for men. (Colossians 3:23 NIV)
     Allow me to be transparent for a second, I can be insecure about women who are prettier than me, better at parenting than me, skinnier than me, have more friends than me, who can teach better than me, and the list goes on. The root of all these insecurities is gaining approval or longing to be accepted by other people. Is that what God intended for us, to please others? God intended for each of us to keep our eyes solely focused on Him. Every move we make, every thought, every action should be presented before Him. Focusing on others that are better than us, makes us bitter. Focusing on God makes us BETTER. Dedicate your thoughts, feelings, work, parenting, dishes, dusting to God. Forget trying to make an impression on mere mortal woman. When we focus our attention on Him, life suddenly grows sweeter. When we strive to please God, we gain momentum in all we do. In the end we glorify God, and that my friend is something worth striving for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...