Monday, July 18, 2011

Heart of the Home Challenge: Directing Your Child's Steps.

     

    How is it as parents we have our children's entire future planned before they breathe their first breath? Haven't we learned from our own lives, that life never goes as planned?  Proverbs 16:9 says, "The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps (NASB)." Being a mother for nearly 12 years has taught me life is never as I imagined. I was told I would never have children, now I have three. I thought I would have a career in criminal justice, and now I'm a stay at home mother. I thought I would have quiet, gentle children, instead I have wild, spunky, strong-willed kids. God has taught me through my own ambitions, I can plan, prepare, and push boundaries; but it is God who provides the path for me. It is God who opens the doors and leads me where He wants me.
      The same goes for our children. I can plan, dream, and prepare while looking to God. He directs my children's paths just as much as he directs mine. Are you open to God directing your steps and your child's or are you insistent on having it your way? Are you willing to embrace His path for the future of your family, or are you determined to give your way, your all? I've lived life both ways and walking with God is far better than I ever dreamed. He provides encouragement, opens doors to opportunities, and plants my feet on solid ground. Looking back to Proverbs 16:9, I plan and dream of the future for my children knowing God will direct their steps. His plan is so much better than mine.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Heather! Would you mind if I list you on my blogroll for mommies? Your blog is a wonderful place to find encouragement! I know so many people like to blog hop, and yours would be a great place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please do list it. I would love the traffic and be able to give more encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...