Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Everyday Moments to Mother

   

    I am my children's most important influence and lifelong teacher. With that being said, I have to tell you about a lesson Tori learned yesterday. She is moving into the Terrible Three's and has been having hundreds of timeouts for hitting. Yesterday she clocked her brother with enough force to drop him to the floor. Keep in mind my son is almost five and weighs 55 pounds. After swatting her tushie and enforcing an immediate timeout, we sat down to pray and have a chat.
    "Tori we do not hit. That was a bad choice, do you want to be a good girl or a bad girl?" I asked sitting cross legged in front of her. She was silent as she tried to stare me down before stating matter of factly, "NO, I Princess!"
Since I wanted to parent her in the moment, we chatted about different princesses and whether or not they hit others. Sometimes their imaginations are the perfecting parenting tool and I love using everyday moments to teach her about life, Jesus, and how we treat others!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...