Monday, May 23, 2011

Heart of The Home Challenge--Finding Joy...Even at 1:30 in the Morning.

 In case you haven't been following along these last few weeks, I have challenged my readers to memorize scripture every week of 2011 as part of your new years resolutions. This week we are focusing on Romans 15:3. "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." 

 I wasn't full of joy, nor was I hopeful about anything at 1:30 this morning. My son had wet the bed and that meant, showering him off, stripping the bed, and making the bed, drying off my son, and finally putting that bugger back to bed. When I awoke this morning, I was tired and dreaded rolling out of bed for the day. Lack of sleep causes my perceptions to be negative and you know the saying, "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." 

     As I laid in bed, having a bad case of the "Mondays", this scripture popped up on my phone. Bad attitudes, negative perceptions are anything but what God designed us for.Instead we are to put all our hope in Him. The more we hope, the more joy fills our hearts until it's overflowing. The key trusting in God that He has our best interests at heart, even at 1:30 in the morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...