Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Heart of The Home Challenge: Shake Your Tushie

   

     Nothing is cuter than seeing my kids get up in the morning shaking their tushies. As soon as they're up, the radio gets cranked to My Bridge Radio. Songs of praise and worship echo over the sounds of breakfast and chores. I absolutely love watching my daughter Tori shuffle into the kitchen with her bed head hair, and her droopy pullup bounce as she bobs her knee's to the music. 
     That's one of the beauties of being God's people. He created us with an innate instinct to lift our voices and praise Him. We were created to worship. Deep within our beings, we know there is a Creator, we know there is something bigger than ourselves. Every part of us wants to praise Him for the life He's given us. 
     Teaching our kids to praise God is so important to their foundation of faith. My kids praise God when the sun is shinning, the praise Him when the thunder awakens them in the middle of the night, and they sing praise songs when they've been disciplined. One of their favorite bands are the The Go Fish Guys, which teaches great gospel songs and stories of God that won't drive parents like me nuts. We didn't always listen to stations like My Bridge, after I became a christian, I began to really notice how music influenced my thoughts, actions, and attitude. The more I began listening to Christian music, the more positive and calm I felt. If music had this much influence on me, imagine what influence songs about having a good time, or being around pretty girls must do for my kids? 
     I leave you today with the scripture of Psalm 92:1-2, "It is good to praise the LORD and make music to your name, O Most High, proclaiming your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night." 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...